Save the EDID - for HDTV equipment as well as Computers.
The Gefen DVI Detective Plus solves issues related to EDID that prevent signal passing from source to display in HDCP-enabled systems.
EDID stands for Extended Display Identification Data. It is the standard table of characteristics of a display that is used by the source to optimize its output resolution, timing, and other operating parameters. When a display is switched off, de-selected by a matrix/switcher, or disconnected and then reconnected, the EDID can be lost. If this occurs, the video source device may lose its ability to output the correct image instantly.
The Gefen DVI Detective Plus addresses this issue by recording the EDID from a display and making it available to a source at all times, as if the display is still connected. This product also passes through the communications between an HDCP-enabled source and display as necessary.
Features at a Glance:
- Quick and easy way to store EDID information from any DVI display
- Provides a virtual EDID to maintain active monitor status when switching away from a source
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- Selection of 5 preset EDIDs are available for custom audio features and video resolutions through DIP switch selection
- EDID write protection switch
- No power is required after initial programming
- HDCP pass-through
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Herkes Electrical Supplies Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.