Supercardioid Condenser Gooseneck Microphone with Rugged Ball-and-Socket Swivel Mount - Bronze
The Crown LM-201 is a professional quality, supercardioid electret condenser microphone designed for use on lecterns, pulpits, or similar applications.
The microphone is easily installed with the included mounting screws. As it is swiveled to the desired position, adjustment is far quieter than conventional gooseneck microphones. Swivel motion is limited to prevent cable damage. The LM-201 is rugged and is built to withstand daily use.
Because of its supercardioid pickup pattern, the LM-201 rejects background noise and room reverberation, improving gain-before-feedback more than a microphone with a cardioid pattern.
The LM-201 has a smooth, wide-range frequency response for natural reproduction of the voice. Low frequencies are filtered out to reduce pickup of lectern thumps, room rumble, etc.
The included wire-screen grille has a two-stage pop filter to reduce pickup of explosive breath sounds. An external foam windscreen is supplied for extra pop rejection or for outdoor use. The base and mic capsule are shock-mounted to attenuate handling noise and lectern thumps.
The microphone output is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss.
Two finishes are available: black (model LM-201P) or brown (model LM-201B).
- Built-in shock mount attenuates thumps
- Rugged ball-and-socket swivel adjusts silently
- Supercardioid polar pattern reduces feedback
- Smooth, natural sound quality
- Built-in pop filter and supplied foam windscreen reduce breath pops
- Type: Unidirectional condenser.
- Element: Electret condenser.
- Frequency response (typical): 100 Hz to 15,000 Hz.
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid.
- Impedance: 150 ohms nominal (120 ohms actual), balanced. Recommended minimum load impedance 1000 ohms.
- Open-circuit sensitivity: 6.0 mV/Pa* (-44.5 dBV/Pa).
- Power sensitivity: -42 dB re 1 mW/Pa*.
- Equivalent noise level: 24 dB SPL typical (0 dB=.0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
- S/N ratio: 70 dB at 94 dB SPL.
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL for 3% THD.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces a positive voltage on XLRM pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Operating voltage:
- Option 1: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC, positive voltage on output pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1.
- Option 2: 12-24 DC power supplied by a separate
- AC/DC adapter (not supplied). You select this option by moving jumpers inside the electronics module (instructions inside cover).
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +50 C, or -4 to +122 F.
- Current drain: 5.8 mA.
- Materials: Polycarbonate swivel mount and ball, steel tube and grille, steel electronics module.
- Finish: Black (LM-201P) or brown (LM-201B).
- Cables: Grey, permanently attached, 2-conductor shielded cable, terminated with spade lugs for connection to electronics module. Six-and-one-half feet (2 meters) long from swivel mount to spade lugs. Black, permanently attached, 2-conductor shielded cable, 18 inches (0.5 meters) long, with 3-pin male XLR audio connector.
- Weight (microphone and cable only): 10.2 ounces (288.3 grams).
- Weight (microphone, cable, and electronics module): 18.2 ounces (515 grams).
Included accessories: Foam windscreen, Crown part number WS-8.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Herkes Electrical Supplies Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.